Sunday, April 26, 2009

Veggie Garden Stage 1

Yesterday we started planting the vegetable garden, well cleaning it up. That's step one. When my parents bought their house over 10 years ago, the previous owners had a great fruit and vegetable garden going. Alas, the only thing left was an overwhelming amount of blackberry bushes. The first thing we did was consolidate them into one bed and put some in a pot so we can take them to the Island and plant them on volunteer day. I figured if they grew so well with no attention in my parent's yard, they may do ok in those harsh, salty conditions.




By the end of the day we were looking pretty clean and organized. My mom and I are going to the garden shop today to get some pebbles for the path and maybe some strawberries to plant in the final bed.

I came home to discover my seeds were already sprouting, which was encouraging. The arugula has taken off, and the beans are right behind it.

1 comment: