Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday Strolls

One of the benefits of having a dog is the amount of walking you do. Sean and I like to take Baxter (and sometimes Tucker) for early Saturday morning walks with a cup of coffee. I enjoy admiring the historic homes of our area and I intended to buy and renovate an old house when we sell the condo. We've looked at some in Marblehead, Ipswich and Essex and keep Manchester on the list. These houses all have fabulous architecture and character that you jut can' build into new homes. I pick up inspiration each week.
I did my final project in my college photography class on historic doors in Beacon Hill, Marblehead and Salem. While I thought my photos were lovely, my teacher didn't seem to be impressed. Apparently another students photos of Boston's graffiti and trash covered back alleys was more her style.

This house has been completely gutted and put back together over the last few months. They are restoring all the historic charm to it. When we passed yesterday I little boy in the driveway said we had cute dogs. I was jealous of him and his fancy house. These porches overlook Marblehead Harbor.

There are benches you can buy in some of the parks and my grandparents bought one a couple years ago to remember their parents. Now we like to make it our destination on our Saturday strolls.

They picked a spot at the end of Fort Sewall that overlooks Children's Island, where Sean and I went to summer camp and worked as counselors... and met. I work for the YMCA that owns the camp and we're starting and alumni association to support the camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment