Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Joined Beverly Main Streets

After getting a jasmine tea at Atomic this morning, I went to my first meeting for Beverly Main Streets. They are a local non-profit in my city that helps promote the downtown businesses. Since new developments and residential housing have started popping up (like my building), the focus is changing to accommodate new residents as well.
I'm on the promotions committee and I'm thrilled to help market the downtown area as a great place to live, shop and dine. One of the reasons we bought in Beverly and specifically where we did, is because of the planned development of downtown.
The MBTA has planned a new parking garage next to our building with residential and retail space and will break ground next year. There are plans to put a Black Cow restaurant down the street in addition to building around the train station. I'm looking forward to this area expanding and growing.
I really think people are moving toward supporting local businesses and away from big box stores and chains. That's one of the reasons I started this blog. I hope to write about and show you some of the great businesses, services and people of the North Shore in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment