Friday, April 24, 2009

This weekends forcast of 80 degrees is making me so excited for summer! I was so worried all winter long that my plants wouldn't come back this spring, but they're all budding! The peonies are peaking out of the dirt and the hydrangeas have buds. I cleaned out the pot that had some grasses and vines and planted pansies in the meantime. I'm still hopefull the grass and vines will come back as the weeks go on. Now that the sun is shining on our deck, the arborvitaes are starting to green up again.

We don't get full day sun on the deck so any hopes for veggies and fruits has been dashed. My parents have generously offered up a section of their yard for us to plant a veggie garden. I got some seeds this week and planted them in the starter kit last night. We have to clear out some blackberry bushes first and move some stuff around. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the garden project.

No comments:

Post a Comment