Friday, April 24, 2009

The Back Splash

The next project after the deck was the back splash. My dad had some extra tiles left over from a kitchen construction job he did.

They were gorgeous Italian porcelain subway tiles. They reminded me of the bathroom in the villa we stayed at in Tuscany.

The project was pretty simple. Sean and I measured and mapped out where to place them, put the mud on the wall and balanced them all out. My dad cut the intricate ones on the tile saw. Before long we had a back splash! We waited a week and sealed it.


I love the look of all white kitchens. It's a new obsession that I don't think I would have been into if I didn't have a white kitchen now. The more I look at it, the more I love it and I don't think I'll ever go back. In my next house, my kitchen will be all white, with marble counters, and a white farmers sink.... and a Wolf stove!

No comments:

Post a Comment